Why work for Weightmans?
We know you want to work for a firm where teamwork and respect matters. We know you value the type of commercial approach that leads to an enviable reputation. We know you demand clear decision making and a commitment to constant improvement. We know you want to work for a company that promotes equal opportunities and diversity.
We know we deliver all this and more. But we don't expect you to take our word for it.
Committed to reaching our full potential, we've worked hard to create a culture that motivates and supports all our employees to reach theirs. Something we are proud to say has been recognised externally and, more importantly, by our people.
- Highly commended at the North West final of the National Apprenticeship Awards 2015. The awards recognise businesses that grow their own talent with apprentices.
- Ranked Diversity Pioneers in The Lawyer UK 200 Diversity Audit.
- Winner of Education and Training Initiative of the Year award in the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
- Ranked Law Firm of the Year for consecutive years at the Leicestershire Law Society Awards. Judges were particularly impressed by our achievements and involvement with local projects in the Leicester region.
- Ranked Top Employer for eight years running, with the Top Employers Institute Guardian report recognising our attractive employee benefits and promotion of strong company values around teamwork and respect.
- Recognised for our outstanding contribution to apprenticeships at the National Apprenticeship Awards 2014.
- Ranked Newcomer – Large Employer of the Year at the North West National Apprenticeship Awards 2014.
- "It's nice to be part of a larger firm because of the support that gives you but at the same time it doesn't have the feel of a larger firm in some ways (which is a good thing)."
Matthew Lake, Solicitor
- "I have been given the opportunity to fulfil my potential. I value the relationship I have with my immediate supervisors, my peers and also the friendly and relaxed culture across the practice."
Nilesh Bathia, Associate
- "During my time at Weightmans, I have met a broad spectrum of people and personalities who I found sociable and approachable as well as committed and professional."
Thomas Murphy, Solicitor
If you want to join a team that believes the success of its clients and people is key, take a look at our current vacancies.