What do we offer?
We are committed to the development of our people and actively seek out those who have a genuine interest in a career in law.
We provide a comprehensive training programme that is designed to ensure that our trainee solicitors obtain the skills, knowledge and experience they need to have a long and successful career with us.
We also offer a vacation scheme which provides participants with an insight into life as a solicitor, giving them the chance to see whether Weightmans would be right for them and they would be right for us.
Who can apply?
- is currently studying at university or is a graduate;
- is interested in a career as a solicitor;
- wishes to be considered for a trainee solicitor role to commence in September 2019; and
- is available to attend an assessment centre in Liverpool on 25 July 2017 or in Birmingham on 27 July 2017.
What is the application process?
The application form is available here and you have the option of submitting:
- a combined application for our summer 2017 vacation scheme and a 2019 trainee solicitor role; or
- a single application just for a 2019 trainee solicitor role.
Your application will be assessed in two stages.
Stage one will be an assessment of the results of an online assessment you are required to complete after submitting your application. You will be provided with details of the online assessments shortly after submitting your application.
Subject to your performance in stage one, stage two will then be an assessment of the information contained in your application form.
What are the relevant dates and deadlines?
If you are submitting a combined application for our vacation scheme and a trainee solicitor role, the deadline to apply is midnight on 5 March 2017. If you are successful you will be offered a place on our vacation scheme and we will then discuss your application for a trainee solicitor role with you during your week with us.
If you are submitting an application for just a trainee solicitor role, the deadline to apply is midnight on 2 July 2017. If you have been successful you will be invited to attend one of our assessment centres.