Broad range of legal services for police forces nationwide based on years of experience in this specialist sector.
We are committed to excelling at:
- Giving you more for less and continually refining our approaches to take advantage of ways to work smarter and eradicate unnecessary costs
- Helping you reduce legal spend year on year by identifying training needs, looking at risk management and feeding back lessons to be learnt so as to empower you
- Ensuring our judgement is always backed by an ability to reflect on relevant real life scenarios which we have been involved in and the context you operate
- Offering insight that prepares you for what you will have on your desks in six months time
- Providing local specialists who can connect quickly with you and have a positive impact from day one as an extension of your team - behaving as if we were in your shoes.
The police service operates within a high-profile and sensitive sector. As such for police forces and their authorities, compliance with the law, regulations and standards of performance are crucially important issues. Lapses can be costly, not only financially but also in terms of reputation and impact on public confidence.
Our specialist practitioners act exclusively for the police service, representing a diverse range of forces across England and Wales. As the largest dedicated police legal team in the country our lawyers have been involved in some of the most high profile and significant cases involving the police service over the last 10 years.
We act for more police forces and police authorities than any other firm in private practice and our clients range from the large metropolitan forces to smaller regional forces.
Our extensive experience in this sector gives us a unique insight into your needs and expectations. We understand the demands and pressures placed upon you, and have in-depth knowledge of the legal, social and political environment you work within. In particular, we recognise the need to preserve and protect the reputation and security of your organisation. This has enabled us to develop systems, resources and experience to assist with the challenges faced by police forces and their authorities.
Our approach is based on forming a committed relationship with your team members and working closely together to achieve your goals. The advice we offer is robust, practical and realistic, and one of our greatest strengths is the ability to translate legal technicalities into plain English.
Our specialist lawyers are all experts in their field, therefore the time they spend is kept to a minimum, enabling us to provide you with the most efficient and cost-effective service possible.
Completely reliable, knowledgeable and you feel in safe hands.
Their technical ability and knowledge of the law is beyond question.
Chambers & Partners 2016