What do we offer?
We are committed to the development of our people and actively seek out those who have a genuine interest in a career in law.
We provide a comprehensive training programme that is designed to ensure that our trainee solicitors obtain the skills, knowledge and experience they need to have a long and successful career with us.
We also offer a vacation scheme which provides participants with an insight into life as a solicitor, giving them the chance to see whether Weightmans would be right for them and they would be right for us.
The vacation scheme consists of a week of structured activities which are designed to provide you with an insight into life as a solicitor in a national law firm.
When allocating you to one of our legal teams, we take into account the subjects or modules you have studied in an attempt to match you with a team that practises a type of law you appear particularly interested in.
We will also pay you the sum of £300 to cover any costs and expenses in attending the scheme.
When and where?
Vacation scheme placements are available as follows:
- Leeds: 17 to 21 June 2019
- Liverpool: 17 to 21 June 2019
- Manchester: 17 to 21 June 2019
- Birmingham: 24 to 28 June 2019
- London: 24 to 28 June 2019
- Leicester: 24 to 28 June 2019
Come and see us at your local careers fair:
- 15 October 2018: University of Nottingham Law Fair, East Midlands Conference Centre
- 17 October 2018: University of Liverpool Business, Finance & Law Fair, The Crypt, Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral
- 18 October 2018: University of Leeds Law Fair, The Edge, University of Leeds Sports and Exhibition Centre
- 24 October 2018: University of Leicester Festival of Careers 2018, The University of Leicester
- 13 November 2018: University of Manchester Law Fair, Manchester Central Exhibition Centre
- 21 November 2018: University of Birmingham Law Fair, Aston Webb Building, University of Birmingham
- 22 January 2019: Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham Law School
Who can apply?
- Is currently studying at university or is a graduate;
- Is interested in a career as a solicitor;
- Wishes to be considered for a trainee solicitor role to commence in September 2021; and
- Is available to attend an assessment centre in Liverpool on 21 June 2019 or Birmingham on 28 June 2019.
What is the application process?
Once you have completed your online application form you will be invited, by email, to complete two online assessments. The outcome of these online assessments, along with your online application form, will determine if you have been successful at the application stage.
If you are submitting a combined application for our vacation scheme and a trainee solicitor role, you will be offered a place on our vacation scheme if you are successful. On the final day of the scheme, you will attend an assessment centre for a 2021 trainee position. The assessment centres will be held at our Liverpool office (21 June 2019) and our Birmingham office (28 June 2019).
If you are submitting an application for just a trainee solicitor role, you will be invited to attend one of our assessment centres if successful.
Applications are now open and the deadline for all submissions is 29 March 2019.