Building a Safer Future - regulation, risk and best practice. Where are we now?
Please join us for this milestone event, to explore what the proposals mean for the construction industry and how to prepare for change.
- Please select...
The event is free to attend
This event has now finished.
We are delighted to invite you to join us at one of our offices for this informative seminar, in which we will:
- Consider where we are now post Hackitt report and Government’s Building a Safer Future’ consultation;
- Explain what the key consultation proposals mean for the construction industry, owners, occupiers and managers of high-rise residential buildings;
- Gain valuable insight from guest speakers from the industry with best practice tips and insights as to what is already happening post Grenfell.
- Consider the changing nature of risk - standards and duties now and in the future
Read more about the government's proposals here.
The event will also provide you with the opportunity for networking with other colleagues in the industry as we invite you to join us for breakfast and refreshments ahead of the event.
Speakers on the day will be:
- Colette Morgan-Ford, Partner, Weightmans
- Helena Bannister, Partner, Weightmans
- Andrew Brammer, Partner, Weightmans
- Tom Collins, Partner, Weightmans
- Steve Cook, Product Improvement and Innovation Manager, Willmott Dixon (Birmingham)
- Tim Carey, National Product Director, Willmott Dixon (Manchester)
- Richard Bolshaw, RB Surveyor Services
|8:15 - 8:45 am||Registration including breakfast|
|8:45 - 10:45 am||Seminar|
|10:45 - 11:00 am||Questions & answers|
Dates & locations
|Tuesday 3 December||
Select your preferred venue above and register your place
There is no cost to attend.
For more information, please contact Rebecca Knight, Campaigns Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colette is our Head of Construction. She has worked in private practice for over 20 years. She has significant experience in dispute resolution and strategic construction advice. read more
Helena is an experienced and highly regarded property litigator. She covers all property litigation disciplines and works for a wide range of clients. read more
Andrew Brammer joined Weightmans in April 2019, and his practice focuses on protecting businesses and key decision makers during criminal investigations and prosecutions. read more