Built Environment Sector Talks
We would be delighted if you could join us at one of our offices for this informative seminar, in which we consider current property, planning, construction & environment matters and highlight key issues including;
- Planning for garden communities - This session will consider the challenges associated with the delivery of Garden Communities and provide some practical guidance on how they can be addressed.
- Overriding third party rights - In this session we will explore the ability to override third party rights, including Rights of Light, through the Housing and Planning Act 2016 and how to ensure that the decision making process is legally robust.
- Property - Neighbourly matters - This session will explore potential issues that an arise between adjoining land owners including easements, restrictive covenants and Rights of Light.
- Managing Construction Risk - an overview - In this session we will provide a legal overview of how construction risks on development projects can be managed in order to achieve greater cost and programme certainty.
- What will the new Environment Bill and Brexit mean for the built environment sector? This session will explore considerations such as air quality, water management and other topical issues in the context of the UK's future (potentially outside the EU) with its own legal/policy frameworks in the environment and energy arenas.
The event will also provide you with the opportunity for networking with other colleagues in the industry.
*Please note agenda timings differ for London session, details below
|3.00pm - 3.30pm||Arrival and registration|
|3.30pm - 4.00pm||Planning - Planning for garden communities & overriding third party rights|
|4.00pm - 4.30pm||Property - Neighbourly matters|
|4.30pm - 4.40pm||Break|
|4.40pm - 5.10pm||Managing construction risk - An overview|
|5.10pm - 5.40pm||Environmental - What will the new Environmental Bill and Brexit mean for the built environment sector|
|5.40pm - 5.50pm||Questions & answers|
|5.50pm onwards||Networking drinks & nibbles|
Dates & Venues
Thursday 9 May 2019
Venue: Weightmans, St Philips Point, Birmingham, B2 5AF
Thursday 16 May 2019
1.00pm Lunch and registration for 1.30pm start, closing at 3.50pm with networking drinks
Venue: Weightmans, The Hallmark Building, 105 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 5JG
Tuesday 21 May 2019
Venue: Weightmans, 100 Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L3 9QJ
Thursday 23 May 2019
Venue: Weightmans, No 1 Spinningfields, Manchester, M3 3EB
Please select your preferred session below and enter your details to register, you will receive a confirmation of your place in due course.