Construction in the social housing sector
We are happy to share the details of our event on Thursday 28 March in our Liverpool office where we will consider some of the challenges encountered by registered providers and offer some guidance on often overlooked issues that affect the sector.
Topics for discussion include:
- The impact of the public procurement rules and avoiding challenges
- Allocation of risk under construction contracts
- Liability for design and workmanship, problems that can arise from using letters of intent, and the risks associated with competing standards in contractual documents
- Compliance with payment provisions under the Housing Grants Construction and Regeneration Act (1996) (as amended)
- Benefits of amending a JCT design and build contract
- Does a housing association need collateral warranties where it has the benefit of an NHBC (or similar) policy?
See more details below.
Thursday 28 March 2019
10.30am - 11.00am - Registration
11.00am - 12.30pm - Seminar
12.30pm onwards - Lunch and networking
100 Old Hall Street
Click for more information and directions
This event is free to attend. Please complete the form below to register your interest.