Employment law update: GDPR and more
This event has now finished.
Employment law and HR best practice never stand still and this year has seen huge shifts in the legal landscape. This free seminar will look back on the most important developments of the past few months and forward to further changes on the horizon.
The session will focus first on the hot topic of data protection and whether HR is ready for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). There is a lot to think about before the May 2018 implementation date and we’ll look closely at:
- How to obtain employee consent to data processing;
- Alternative reasons for processing data;
- Employees’ rights relating to the data you hold about them;
- New rules on subject access requests; and
- Possible changes to your contracts and standard documents;
Rounding up other need-to-know employment law news, we will address latest issues including:
- Employment tribunal fees and the fall-out from the abolition of the charging regime;
- The Taylor Review on the ‘gig economy’ and its sweeping proposals for change;
- Increases to employment tribunal compensation; and
- The latest on calculating holiday pay
As always, we’ll highlight the newest employment cases that will shape the decisions you make every day, taking in dismissals and investigations; discrimination and reasonable adjustments; whistleblowing; equal pay; the risk of a personal injury claim following a disciplinary investigation and lots more.
This seminar is suitable for HR and employment relations specialists at all levels, owners of small and medium sized businesses and anyone who handles HR or people management matters on a regular basis.
To register to attend one of our sessions, simply select your chosen location below and complete the booking form.
Choose a location
- Please select...