The road to COP26: Opportunities created by Net Zero and the role of onshore wind
Join Weightmans and RSK Group at this virtual event as we look at the role of renewable generation and emerging technologies on our journey to Net…
This event has now finished.
We are pleased to invite you to attend the first of a series of virtual events that we are jointly hosting in the run up to COP26 looking at the role of renewable generation and emerging technologies on our journey to Net Zero.
Our first event with RSK Group Ltd. will focus on how we can capture the opportunities that are created by the transition to Net Zero and the role of onshore wind power on this journey. In particular, we are delighted to be joined by Martin Valenti, the Head of Climate Enterprise at Scottish Enterprise and Simon Hindson, Team Leader of Strategic Projects at the Highland Council. Martin will explain how we can turn our climate emergency into an exciting opportunity for green recovery and Simon will share his insights from a local authority that is at the cutting edge of renewable generation projects. Martin and Simon will be joined by legal experts from Weightmans and technical experts from RSK for an engaging panel session.
Join us as we explore the following themes with a line-up of expert speakers:
- how the transition to net zero can lead a green recovery
- aligning the market, regulatory and policy frameworks to maximise the opportunities
- outlook for the deployment of new build onshore wind;
- sustainable development and natural capital
- the role of repowering and asset life extensions;
- planning issues for the deployment of new build or re-powered assets;
- innovation and technological advancements in onshore wind; and
- merchant models for subsidy free projects and opportunities for co-location.
- Welcome from the Chair – Tracy Lake (Partner, Weightmans)
- Turning the climate emergency into a climate opportunity – Martin Valenti (Head of Climate Enterprise at Scottish Enterprise)
- Capturing the opportunity for onshore wind power - Mike Kelly (Business Development Director, RSK) & Levent Gurdenli (Partner, Weightmans)
- Delivering sustainable renewable development – Stephanie Wray (RSK Group)
- Planning issues for onshore wind - Simon Hindson (Team Leader of Strategic Projects at the Highland Council)
- Panel discussion.
To register for the event, please complete the booking form below. After registering, in due course you will receive a confirmation email containing all the information you need to connect to the event on the day.
Before registering your place, be sure to check the system requirements to avoid any connection issues.
By registering onto this joint event, Weightmans and RSK Group Ltd. will share your information to facilitate the event and communicate with you pre and post event. By registering you agree to the terms and conditions of the privacy statements that governs how your information will be processed Weightmans privacy statement and RSK Group Ltd. You can unsubscribe from communications at any time as detailed in the privacy statements or via the unsubscribe link on the bottom of this email.