Obstetric Anaesthesia – key medico-legal issues
This event has now finished.
We are pleased to announce the next event in our Spring 2018 Healthcare training programme, details of which are below.
17 May - Obstetric Anaesthesia – key medico-legal issues which will be delivered by Dr David Levy, Consultant Anaesthetist, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The seminar will cover:
- Key complications of obstetric regional anaesthesia and common reasons for claims
- Difficulties with claimants attributing postpartum neurological dysfunction to regional anaesthesia without evidence of a causation
- The involvement of obstetric anaesthetists in major obstetric haemorrhage, amniotic fluid embolism, sepsis requiring critical care, and cardiac arrest
- Consent for obstetric anaesthetic procedures and impact of Montgomery v Lanarkshire Health Board  UKSC 11 and Webster v Burton Hospitals NHSFT  EWCA Civ 62
- 5.00 pm Registration
- 5:15 pm Start
- 6:15 pm Drinks and canapés
Registration and securing your place
There is no charge to attend and booking is essential. Please complete the form to secure your place. Confirmations of place will be confirmed in due course.