Under pressure... in the NHS
This event has now finished.
Weightmans’ employment and healthcare teams invite you to a session exploring the current pressures on the NHS, including:
- Employment law updates on medical staffing, stress, health and safety implications; and
- Clinical negligence update on the impact of resource issues.
The seminar will cover:
- Junior doctors’ banding issues which will be explored by Anna Reid, Solicitor at Weightmans, who will discuss the High Court’s decision earlier this year in Hallett v Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust  Med LR 451
- Paul McFarlane, Partner at Weightmans, will provide an update on current employment law issues impacting upon NHS Trusts including rest breaks, stress and health and safety
- Caroline Harrison QC of 2 Temple Gardens will consider resources issues within the context of clinical negligence claims
- Simon Turner, Partner at Weightmans, will discuss the recent Court of Appeal decision in Dr Baba-Garwa’s case in the context of how doctors manage with limited resources and work pressures.
This event is likely to be of interest to those working in legal, human resources and staffing teams in a healthcare setting.