At this time of major disruption globally, we believe it is more important than ever for us to stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients. We have therefore developed CARES, an advice, response and emergency support service which guarantees rapid access to expertise in respect of critical business issues that are currently overwhelming many industries due to the pandemic, in particular:
- Virus, Force majeure and Frustration
- Deliberate/Voluntary closure or suspension of trading premises/services
- Employment practices liability – when and in what circumstances is it reasonable to furlough staff
- Contractual liability
- Reputational harm
- Directors & Officers obligations, diminished profits and company collapse
- Fraudulent claims
- Social engineering
- Business Interruption, including denial of access and non-physical causes
- Confiscation, nationalisation or requisition of property under order of government or public or local authority
- Employer’s obligations and liabilities
- USA and Canada exclusions
- Newly emerging and interdependent business risk and processes
- Trading losses
- Laws of fair presentation
- Related entities and inter-group liabilities
- Loss or liability arising directly or indirectly due to insolvency or bankruptcy
- Availability of adequate PPE/protection sanitisation and liability to employees for injury caused in execution of duties
- Officials and reckless ultra vires acts.
Whether it’s strategic advice at board level; help with operational or commercial challenges or assistance with insurance issues, our national team of experienced lawyers stands ready to help with the speed, empathy and clarity required in a crisis.
Priority & Complex advice team
As business owners ourselves, we appreciate that problems often require a multi-disciplinary solution. Blended expertise, however, often takes time to coordinate and even longer to come up with an answer. We have therefore formed a crash-team of experts from across our legal specialisms, who are dedicated to prioritising advice on complex and time-sensitive strategic, operational and commercial issues specifically arising from COVID-19. Whatever the nature of your business problem, access to the team is simple and just one click away.
Furthermore, if the challenges of home-working for your staff and the demands on your capacity require more permanent support over the coming weeks, we are also able to offer virtual secondments and delegated authority solutions to help absorb surges in demand.
Let us care for you. Send us an enquiry to set up a call to discuss your issue with our Priority & Complex advice team or how we can assist with virtual secondment by filling in our booking below.