Remedy Healthcare complaints handling solution
We have launched ‘Remedy,’ a market leading bespoke healthcare complaints handling solution to help the NHS deal with complaints efficiently and effectively, irrespective of the complexity.
The COVID-19 pandemic has put a significant strain on an already stretched healthcare service and measures have been taken in order for staff to rightly focus on clinical needs as a priority. As a result, the NHS was given the option to suspend complaints investigations for an initial period of three months from the end of March 2020. The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) also stopped accepting new health service complaints and progressing existing complaints where local NHS Trust contact was required.
The pause in investigations has now ended and the NHS is likely to face significant challenges from the volume and complexity of complaints arising. This will include investigating unrelated complaints, as well as those arising as a direct consequence of the pandemic itself, for example, delay in treatment or investigations due to perceived or actual lack of resources and the application of triaging policies. Shortages of PPE may also lead to an increase in complaints from staff.
The PHSO’s public consultation regarding 'The Complaint Standards Framework' for the NHS was also postponed but now begins on 15 July 2020.
Our team have a proven track record of managing NHS complaints both with you in-house and on a direct instruction basis. We will complement your existing team to prevent escalation of complaints into litigated claims, reducing costs. We are expert at early identification of the issues to accept or to resist, ensuring transparency and that the appropriate apologies can be given to those who have suffered avoidable harm. Our involvement will assist in demonstrating that the complaint is being taken seriously, ensuring high level complainant satisfaction.
Our tailored service will:
- Work alongside your in-house complaints team to deal with complaints efficiently and effectively, irrespective of the complexity
- Provide an individual tailored solution to meet your Trust’s needs and requirements, scaling up or down the amount of assistance you require within agreed time frames
- Provide everything from large scale crisis containment to individual complaint handling
- Liaison with the PHSO and assisting with CQC inspections
- Provide a thematic review of data, identifying trends and themes concurrently, working with you to ensure that any learning can be evidenced and fed back into the system at the earliest possible stage of the investigation.