New rankings for Weightmans in Chambers & Partners UK 2018
National law firm Weightmans has seen 61 lawyers named ‘Notable Practitioners’ and a 13% rise in the number of rankings overall in the 2018 edition…
National law firm Weightmans has seen 61 lawyers named ‘Notable Practitioners’ and a 13% rise in the number of rankings overall in the 2018 edition of the prestigious Chambers & Partners UK legal directory.
Ranking in Chambers UK is based on a substantial research process carried out with clients, referrers and competitors.
The firm maintained seven top tier rankings this year, with eleven lawyers taking top individual positions. During research for the Chambers & Partners Guide, clients of the firm said: "The firm is responsive, practical and has a clear focus on finding the right balance between reducing risk and getting transactions closed and business done,” also observing “they provide excellent service and knowledgeable teams – they are a big firm that still manages to ensure that you feel important to them no matter who you deal with."
Weightmans Managing Partner John Schorah said:
"I am delighted to see so many teams and individuals formally recognised for their exceptional work by Chambers & Partners this year.
"Our clients are our absolute priority and to receive such positive feedback from them really reiterates their confidence in us, our commercial nous and our ability to secure the best possible solutions for them.
"I would like to congratulate everyone for their hard work – these rankings are incredibly well deserved."
Chambers & Partners Guide UK is recognised as the most widely-used directory within the legal sector.
Top ranked lawyers
- Carole Atkinson (Family)
- Fiona Davidson (Family)
- Emma Collins (Family)Patrick Gaul (Professional Negligence)
- Sian Evans (Social Housing)
- Vicky Morris (Clinical Negligence)
- David Holt (Personal Injury: Mainly Defendant)
- Martin Forshaw (Police)
- Nick Peel (Police)
- John Mitchell (Professional Discipline)
- Gary Hodgson (Transport, Roads, Regulatory)
Newly ranked lawyers for 2018
- Euros Jones: Financial Crime Corporates (London)
- John Cleaveley: Construction (North West)
- Fiona Turner: Family (Manchester)
Top ranked departments
- Family (Liverpool)
- Corporate (NW)
- Professional Negligence (NW)
- Clinical Negligence (NW)
- Insurance – Volume (UK-wide)
- Personal Injury – Mainly Defendant (UK-wide)
- Police (UK-wide)