Ian is a specialist construction and engineering solicitor, joining the firm in 2019 and is part of our dedicated team of investment and development lawyers who are heading to Cannes to attend MIPIM 2020, the worlds leading property exhibition.
Ian has extensive experience advising on projects across a range of sectors including power/process, nuclear decommissioning, residential, retail, office and education. Ian regularly advises on large and complex infrastructure projects and commercial developments. He is experienced in all the standard forms of contract including JCT, NEC, ICC, IChemE, MF/1 and FIDIC. Ian is rated as one of the leading construction lawyers in the North-West by Chambers and Legal 500.
Ian’s relevant experience includes:
- Advising the client on the procurement of a waste for energy plant. Contract value circa £250m.
- Advising on the procurement of new cranes for a sea container terminal. Contract value circa £100m.
- Advising a developer on numerous private rented sector apartment developments. Each project value circa £40m.
- Advising a national retailer on the procurement of a new distribution centre. Contract value circa £70m.
- Advising in connection with and preparing contract documentation for a new €166m chlorine facility at Runcorn, Cheshire.
- Advising in connection with an alliance agreement for the project management, design, manufacture, installation, construction and inactive commissioning of a facility at Sellafield. The project value was circa £65m.
- Advising a local authority in connection with claims arising out of the construction of a new by-pass. Claim value was circa £5m.
Legal Directory Quote
"He is a solid lawyer, he is very client-focused and he knows a lot about the industry." Chambers & Partners 2019