Local authority litigation primarily in London and the South East responsible for:
- File handling - defending high value EL and PL claims brought against local authorities, housing associations, educational establishments and other public bodies in the High Court and County courts and bringing them to cost effective conclusions.
- Maintaining regular personal contact with clients, both public bodies and their insurers, including the provision of education and training.
- Supervision and mentoring of team members to ensure technical legal excellence, compliance with clients’ service level agreements and economic defence of claims.
- Marketing and business development.
Considerable experience in:
- Highways public liability
- Employers' liability including stress/bullying
- Forestry public liability including tree root encroachment
- Occupiers' and Housing public liability
- Schools public liability including failure to educate
- Directors and Officers liability/misfeasance in public office
- Complex adult and children social services cases such as abuse
- Inquests and fatal accident claims
Reported cases: Mason v Satelcom & East Potential (2008)CA – responsibility for and suitability of work equipment under reg 3 PUWER 1998
Esdale v Dover District Council (2010)CA – Occupier’s liability and relevance of council’s intervention level Member of FOIL (Forum of Insurance Lawyers