Work experience programme Gain an insight into what it's like to work for a leading law firm
We are excited to announce the launch of our brand new Weightmans work experience programme. We invite current year 12 students (or equivalent) to apply.
Our aim is to provide students with an insight into our law firm, the legal career pathways available and to introduce you to members of the firm to discover what they do here at Weightmans and how a law firm works.
If you are interested in one of our graduate programmes, then please refer to our Summer Vacation Scheme information for work experience.
The programme will include face-to-face sessions when you will be invited to our office and online sessions during term time (all outside of school hours).
||Face-to-face||Easter holidays – 1 day|
|Career pathways in law
Interactive training on key interpersonal skills and introduction to professional behaviour.
Review what we have learnt and talk about next steps.
|Face-to-face||August – 1 day|
What you need to know to apply
- Places will be available in Birmingham, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Applications are now open until 16 December 2021 for places on our programme running from April until August 2022.
- Please be aware that this is an unpaid work experience programme.
- Places are limited and will be allocated based on the content of your application submitted.
- If you are a university student you are unable to apply for this programme, however, please see our graduate solicitor apprenticeship page and details of our summer vacation scheme.
Is the programme for you?
You will be a current year 12 student (or equivalent) who has a keen interest in law. You will be looking to discover whether our Solicitor Degree Apprenticeship or graduate roles are something you would like to pursue as a career, and/or want to gain knowledge around how a law firm like Weightmans works and what career paths are available to you.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in our Work Experience Programme.
Applications have now closed for 2022. Applications will reopen in the Autumn of 2022 for our 2023 programme.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and one of the team will get back to you.