Skip to main content

Complaints signposting We respond promptly to all complaints.

We hope very much that we’ll meet your expectations of us. If, however, you're unhappy with any aspect of the service you've received from Weightmans, here are some guidelines on who to contact to raise your concerns:

  • The case handler dealing with your matter or
  • The person responsible for supervising work on your matter (we'll have told you who this is, if it differs from your case handler)
  • Our Complaints Partner James Holman or
  • If your matter has been dealt with by the Glasgow office, please contact Claire McCracken, Client Relations Manager
  • If your complaint doesn't relate to a solicitor or client retainer, Sarah-Jane Howitt, Director of Marketing

If you'd like to raise a formal complaint, you can download a copy of our commitment to dealing with it below.

What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have done this and we have not been able to resolve it within eight weeks then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint

  • No more than one year from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than one year from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

Contact details

Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.

Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6167, Slough, SL1 0EH.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.