Get advice on pensions law
Our experienced pensions solicitors provice advice and support with all aspects of pensions law.
For many businesses and public organisations, pensions are a critical financial and practical concern. Employers must understand the risks associated with their workplace pension schemes so that they can control the risks and costs of providing the pension benefits they've promised. Trustees and administering authorities are concerned with the effective financial management and governance of their schemes.
We understand the issues faced by employers, trustees and others involved with pensions, thanks to extensive experience of working on a wide range of pensions matters. Pensions law can be extremely complex: you can be sure we'll make it as simple to digest as possible as we deliver practical advice and solutions.
We work with clients on all types of pension schemes in both the public and private sectors and at all stages in their life cycles, from establishment to winding up. Our services include:
- Providing advice on all aspects of pensions law
- Interpreting, drafting and updating pension scheme governing documents and ancillary documents such as member communications
- Dealing with regulatory bodies and government agencies, including the Pensions Regulator, the Pension Protection Fund and HMRC
- Supporting best practice in pension scheme governance
- Resolving pensions disputes
- Advising scheme trustees on the wide range of contracts that they may enter into
- Training scheme trustees, HR and finance professionals and others on pensions matters
- Dealing with the pensions aspects of transactions
- Advising on all legal aspects of group life insurance schemes.
Our Pensions team recognises that, in many situations, pensions advice isn't useful if delivered in isolation. When appropriate, we'll work closely with other specialist lawyers at Weightmans from fields including corporate and employment law to give you complete and coherent advice.
Whether or not you're already a client, we're always happy to discuss the pensions issues faced by you and your organisation.