Weightmans' financial service unit advises banks, borrowers, funds and local government entities on debt finance. We provide advice on bilateral and syndicated loan arrangements including development finance, corporate acquisition finance and fund work. We advise on the establishment, regulation and dissolution of investment funds, including venture capital funds.
Recent advice to banks has included:
- Advising a high street bank on the restatement of senior syndicated facilities to a property war chest fund involving a substitution of Banks and a re-designation of debt where the aggregate finance exposure was £314 million, and our client bank’s exposure was £23million.
- Advising on the re-designation of debt following the anticipated exit of £12 million on a syndicated lend, involving 3 syndicated Term Loans, 2 Tranche CAPEX Facilities all in connection with a corporate acquisition
Weightmans’ team advise banks and borrowers on security, intercreditor and related matters.
We advise developers on all aspects of project, construction and development finance.
Recent deft finance advice to large corporates includes:
- Advisor to a national transport business on receipt of £30million facility from HSBC for working capital and acquisition purposes.
- Advisor to the borrower on the receipt of €100,000,000 multi-purpose syndicated facility, including an Invoice Discounting line, asset financing, revolving credit facility, term loan and letter of credit line.
In addition to private sector lending, we have extensive experience of advising on the establishment of European Structural Funds. This includes work with the £400million Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund (NPIF), the £250,000 Midlands Engine Investment Fund and the £180million North West Fund.
The team also advises on the provision and the receipt of public sector grant funding and growth schemes (including the Regional Growth Fund and Growing Places Fund). As a result of this we deal with all aspects of fund partnership arrangement, including Limited Partnership Structures, State Aid, procurement law, intellectual property, vesting of interest, regulatory duties, FCA compliance and dispute resolution.
Our team of banking and finance experts advise in all kinds of debt finance activity, including:
- Fund Management
- Invoice discounting finance
- Acquisition and leveraged finance
- Asset based lending
- Asset finance
- Project and infrastructure finance
- Real estate finance
- Trade and export finance
"They put a huge amount of effort into making sure that if we have an issue they deal with it extremely quickly and extremely efficiently."Chambers & Partners 2018
"You get a prompt service and they are happy to call you out of hours."Chambers & Partners 2018
Noted for its 'strong expertise' in public sector funding, the team at Weightmans LLP is commended for its 'rapid responses' and for its ability to put 'advice in simple terms'. The team is experienced in advising local councils and European structural funds on European funding into the UK. It also acts for mainstream banks and borrower clients.Legal 500 2017
The team are a joy to work with and the quality of their work is always of the highest order.Chambers & Partners 2017
Open, proactive, solutions-focused and very easy to deal with.Legal 500 2016
They offer professionalism and expert knowledge of banking and structured finance, as well as commercial issues.Chambers & Partners 2015
They are a comprehensive practice able to cover all areas. They are attentive and responsive, and do a thorough job.Chambers & Partners 2015News
New survey reveals over a third of supply chain professionals do not monitor for modern slavery convictions
Survey of 100 senior UK supply chain professionals also reveals an industry bracing for a rise in insolvencies, increasing fuel costs and pressure for…Matthew Williamson Partner
Weightmans leads the way with BIBA and ITN Productions
National law firm Weightmans LLP has worked with the British Insurance Brokers’ Association and ITN Productions Industry News to launch “Leading the…