Information technology lawyers
Our specialist IT lawyers have extensive technical expertise and experience in every aspect of software, e-commerce and IT law, including drafting bespoke contracts, acting on corporate transactions in the sector, and pursuing and defending claims.
Our cross-sector expert team has a deservedly solid reputation for providing high value, solution-focussed and commercial advice on complex IT law matters to high profile clients within the public and private sectors.
We make it our job to understand IT, so we can work with you to enable your business to access IT resources. We are always clear about our role and deliver your needs in a pragmatic and efficient way.
We are well known for advising fast-growing and established tech companies upon commercialisation of technology and funding, working on high value and important technology projects, and advising large private sector entities and public bodies upon transformational IT projects and disputes.
Some recent examples of work:
- Advising a university upon a transformational core systems project
- Advising upon the best routes to procure IT
- Drafting a software development agreement with a major online retailer
- Advising an NHS Trust upon a software backed multi-Trust bank system for junior doctors
- Advising a global real estate tech company upon a dispute with a software development company
- Advising a tech company on funding for an electronic COVID test and a number of cross border licencing agreements
- The sale of a cloud-based video collaboration software business
- Advising an aviation tech company upon a multi-million pound investment
- Successfully negotiating and terminating a high value IT agreement for a local authority due to a number of material defaults
- Representing a global tech company with negotiation of various agile software agreements with leading high street brands
- Regularly representing award winning app developer with review and negotiation of a high value software development agreements with major brands, along with negotiation of high value software agreements with premiership football clubs and leading sport institutions
- Representing innovative company with review and negotiation of app development contract which produced a next generation app with a world first fan experience for a new global sports league. The work was shortlisted for “Best Innovative Campaign” for world first sport fan experience app.