Intellectual property (IP) lawyers
Our specialist intellectual property (IP) lawyers are highly experienced in every aspect of intellectual property law, including drafting bespoke contracts, acting on corporate transactions in the sector, and pursuing and defending claims.
Our cross-sector expert team has a deservedly solid reputation for providing high value, solution-focussed and commercial advice on complex IP matters to high profile clients within the public and private sectors.
We make it our job to understand intellectual property law, so we can work with you to enable your business to use and commercialise intellectual property. We are always clear about our role and deliver your needs in a pragmatic and efficient way.
Intellectual property is often a valuable asset and its unique need for legal protection requires expertise.
Our IP expertise covers both non-contentious (such as assignments and licences) and contentious (IP disputes). We regularly advise clients upon IP matters whether as part of a larger project or transaction or as a stand-alone arrangement. We provide expert IP advice both in the private sector and the public sector. Our IP work is often high profile and recent examples include:
- Robbie Williams' investment into LMA Performing Arts School
- Licence of rights of a well-known TV presenter to a home furnishings company
- International IP dispute between two retailers of fried chicken
Licence of rights of sports celebrities to a pharmaceutical company to raise awareness of a disease
- Licence of genomics software from one NHS trust to another
- Collaboration and development agreement between a University and a police force
- Licence and assignment of various IP rights for a University in relation to theatre production
- Licence and assignment of various IP rights for a University in relation to student learning and online training platforms
- Licence of various IP rights for medical supply and health care originations in relation to treatment and international training platforms.