In 2022, our commitment to the development and satisfaction of our employees was confirmed with the Top Employers Institute certification for the fifteenth year. The independent research showed "Weightmans provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation."
We are truly committed to fostering a culture of equality and diversity, where each individual in the firm is respected and recognised on merit for the work that they do.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustment at any stage of the application process.
Please feel free to note your preferred pronouns in your application.
Whilst we state our preferred locations on our vacancies, some roles may be flexible as to their location. If you see a role that you would like to consider, please read the full spec to see if the location is flexible.
Don't see any roles that don’t match what you are looking for? Please register your details and you will be added to our talent pool. By creating a Weightmans profile, you can sign up for our job alerts and will be notified of any suitable roles that become available.
Work for a firm where people matter — work for Weightmans.
View our current vacancies
Our benefits package
We offer a competitive range of benefits to our employees which include:
- 28 days holiday: the holiday year running from 1 May to 30 April each year
- Flexi time *: allows you some flexibility with your working hours but each team uses it differently, ultimately it is up to business needs and approval by your line manager
- Healthcare cover: individual healthcare cover with the option to add partners and children at your expense
- Pension plan: we will match your contributions up to a maximum of 4% during your first two years of service, and up to a maximum of 6% thereafter
- Life insurance: 4 x salary
- Travel loan scheme: allows you to purchase an annual pass and have the money deducted from your net wages each month
- Employee care scheme: a confidential, external 24hr helpline
- Discounted gym membership
- Dental scheme: the dental scheme is an employee-funded scheme that will allow you to re-claim against any dental expenses that you incur.
- Cycle to work scheme: the cycle to work scheme is a government initiative, which aims to make cycling a more attractive way of commuting to work. Employees can take advantage of signiﬁcant savings and all the beneﬁts that cycling has to offer.
- Offers & discounts: great offers and discounts for all employees. We have some national offers, which can be used across all offices and some which are specifically designed for individual offices.
* Subject to role and business requirements
We also operate an Employee Recognition Scheme that encourages an environment of recognition through peer to peer nominations and a culture of celebrating success.
View our current vacancies
View a list of our current vacancies or submit a speculative application.
View our vacancies
Frequently asked questions
How do I apply to Weightmans?
We have designed our recruitment process to be as straightforward as possible.
You can view and apply for our vacancies online using the link on the left.
If you apply for a specific vacancy, we will consider your application by matching your skills, experience and background to those required for that role and contact you by telephone or email to confirm the next step.
If you apply speculatively, we will again consider your application and contact you by telephone or email to confirm the next steps.
If no suitable roles are available, will you retain my details and automatically contact me when a suitable role does become available?
Yes. If you apply on a speculative basis and there is not a suitable role available at that time, we will retain your details for a period of six months and contact you by telephone or email should an apparently suitable role become available. If you do not wish us to retain your details, please let us know.
When will I receive a response to my application?
It does depend on the circumstances, although we will respond to all applications as quickly as possible. We aim to respond to all applications within four weeks.
Who should I contact if I have a recruitment query?
Is there the opportunity to work part-time or flexible working hours?
The short answer is yes. As one of very few law firms to offer flexi-time as a benefit across the practice, all partners and employees have the ability to work flexible hours, subject to core working hours and the needs of the practice. Formal part-time arrangements will also be considered, and again will be subject to the needs of the practice and the role that we are recruiting for. If you wish to apply for a vacancy and require part-time hours, please clearly state in your application the days and hours you are available to work.
What if I am interested in more than one vacancy, can I apply for both?
Yes, but please note that you will need to submit a separate application for each vacancy.
I am interested in a vacancy advertised on your website but I believe a recruitment agency may have already submitted my details. What do I do?
Please contact the recruitment team on +44 (0)345 073 9900 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the agency you believe may have submitted your details.
What if I have a question that has not been answered above?
Please visit other sections of this website or contact the recruitment team on +44 (0)345 073 9900 or by email on email@example.com.
For more information, contact a member of our recruitment team.
Recruitment agencies (PSL/non-PSL)
Weightmans operates a strict 'preferred supplier list' (PSL) and is committed to working closely with the recruitment agencies that feature on that list. As such, Weightmans does not accept speculative or unsolicited CVs, profiles or any other introductions from both our PSL and non-PSL agencies. If a PSL or non-PSL agency chooses to submit a speculative or unsolicited CV, profile or introduction without instruction from a member of Weightmans’ recruitment team, we will reserve the right to treat the introduction as a gift and contact the candidate directly without accepting or entering into the agency’s terms nor being liable for a recruitment fee.
PSL agencies can access our recruitment portal.