As a large professional practice, we are very conscious of the impact of our activities on the communities we serve and the environment we share. We have therefore adopted a policy of continuous improvement and prepared a detailed plan of action in order to minimise the waste we create and reduce our carbon footprint.
We recognise the importance of environmental protection and are committed to operating our business responsibly and in compliance with all legal requirements relating to the provision of legal services to our clients. It is our declared policy to operate with and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
It is our objective to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements and to continually improve environmental performance through the implementation of the following:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of the firm's activities
- Training of employees in environmental issues
- Minimise material wastage
- Minimise energy wastage
- Promote the use of recyclable, sustainable and renewable materials
- Encourage environmentally friendly means of travel where necessary
- Minimise the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by the firm
Our efforts are inspired and driven by our staff who want to see a world fit for their children and grandchildren and a more positive future for all humanity.
Our strategy is to reduce our consumption of resources and carbon emissions before considering carbon offset, which could in turn create a carbon neutral working environment. As there is some scepticism over the integrity of carbon offsetting, we are aiming to reduce the amount of pollution and waste that we generate, while continuing to monitor our CO2 emissions.