Weightmans LLP is a Top 45 law firm and environmentally conscious organisation and as such, we acknowledge the potential environmental impact that our operations have on the environment.
Top management endorses this policy and ensures it is compatible with the context and strategic direction of the LLP. Top management in co-ordination with the Environmental & Energy Management Representative are accountable for the effectiveness of the environmental and energy management system (E&EMS) and are responsible for ensuring that it is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the LLP and ultimately, that it achieves its intended outcomes.
Top management promotes and is committed to continual improvement of the E&EMS to enhance environmental and energy performance. This is facilitated through the setting of documented objectives based on our significant environmental aspects, significant energy uses, compliance obligations and risks and opportunities. Action plans have been set to achieve objectives and are maintained as part of the E&EMS internal auditing, monitoring and management review processes. The results of which are communicated to interested parties, where appropriate.
Top management is committed to ensuring that the LLP:
- Complies with all compliance obligations, where these relate to our environmental aspects and energy efficiency, use and consumption.
- Provides employees and others with the information and resources needed for the E&EMS, including support, direction and encouragement to fulfil the requirements, commensurate with their role.
- Maintains certification to the environment management standard ISO 14001: 2015 (ref 10104300) and achieves certification to the energy management standard ISO 50001: 2018 in 2019.
- Strives to integrate the E&EMS into relevant business processes.
- Protects the environment, prevents pollution and meets other specific relevant commitment(s).
- Minimises waste to landfill by reducing waste generation and by segregating and recycling waste where economically and operationally feasible.
- Reduces business mileage and promote the use of public transport.
- Uses energy, water, materials and other natural resources as efficiently as possible, giving particular regard to the long-term sustainability of consumable items.
- Considers the environment and energy efficiency in the procurement of goods and services.
- Supports design activities that consider energy performance improvement.
- Ensures this policy is compatible with its CSR commitments.
- Supports other relevant management roles to demonstrate leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and organisations working for or on our behalf. Employees and other organisations are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
This policy will be reviewed annually by top management and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued. Previous versions of this policy will be archived and are available upon request.
This policy statement is available to interested parties, upon request.