High net worth, fine art and specie insurance solicitors
The high net worth, fine art and specie market has suffered a number of major losses in recent times. According to the Association of British Insurers, the likelihood that claims relating to severe storms will increase in the future, along with other climate-related claims, is something both the insurance industry, and society at large, should expect and prepare for now.
Our high net worth and specie team is used to dealing with the problems that commonly arise in claims in this highly specialised class of business, providing straightforward commercial advice and insight for both insurers and reinsurers.
We have significant experience advising (re)insurers on complex and sensitive issues such as non-disclosure and misrepresentation, stillages warranties, perimeter warranties, burglar alarm and maintenance warranties, locked safes warranties, personal conveyance clauses, close and personal custody warranties, and theft exclusions, among others.
Over the years, we've cultivated close relationships with specialist advisers around the world; our experience includes dealing with claims arising from overseas jurisdictions, including the United States, Canada, Europe, Africa and Asia.
Examples of our work include advising:
- Insurers on loss of paintings
- Insurers on loss of jewellery
- Reinsurers on cash in transit claims in Kenya
- Insurers on theft of high performance and luxury vehicles
- Insurers and reinsurers on losses under jewellers' block policies in the U.S. and Canada, Continental Europe, Hong Kong, Thailand and Malaysia.
- Insurers on theft of uncut diamonds in London