Our experienced outsourcing lawyers provide expert advice to business owners looking to outsource business functions.
Outsourcing — transferring discreet business processes to outside providers — is a major feature of UK businesses. Non-core functions are outsourced to specialist service providers, enabling businesses to focus on their core business. The result is increased value and efficiencies, which the business passes on to the customer.
The outsourcing market is highly competitive and constantly changing, and outsourcing transactions carry risks for both users and service providers. Our outsourcing solicitors can help reduce the legal and commercial risks associated with outsourcing.
How our outsourcing lawyers can help you
Our outsourcing lawyers act for both users and providers and advise on all aspects of outsourcing. We work closely with colleagues in other teams, such as employment and real estate, to provide a comprehensive service for our clients.
Our clients welcome the fact that we are there at the beginning, so that essential matters such as price and delivery of services are properly agreed.
Our most recent work includes:
- Negotiating a £35m IT outsourcing contract
- Advising on a major tender for the outsourcing of road maintenance services
- Acting for an IT computer services company in relation to the outsourcing of a transport-related information facility
- Advising the supplier on the outsourcing of part of the IT activity of a major industrial materials producer
- Acting for the supplier in relation to the outsourcing of the legacy systems of a national energy supplier
- Acting for the supplier in relation to the outsourcing of the IT activities of a local authority
- Acting for the supplier in relation to the outsourcing of the IT function of a publicly listed media, hotel and catering group