Sean Crotty is a partner in our commercial team with particular experience in data protection, IT, commercial, procurement and intellectual property matters. Sean advises many high profile clients within the private (ranging from SMEs to listed companies) and public sector (including Police Authorities, NHS Trusts, local authorities and universities) on a wide range of strategic and complex data, IT, media and IP issues.
Sean has developed a specialism in drafting and negotiating major commercial, IT, entertainment, IP and data contracts within the private and public sector. He understands his way around the relevant industries and their statutory obligations and often provides training in relation to the same.
Examples of his work in this area include advising:
- Peel Ports Group on procurement of works and services for £350 million Liverpool 2 Project;
- One of the world’s largest packaging companies on a large scale production agreement;
- A national fraud body on a standard user agreement for the insurance industry (including data sharing arrangements, database use and use of strategic data on an international scale);
- Upon the £multimillion procurement of a major police force’s content management system; and
- The Motor Insurers’ Bureau in relation to the UK Government backed MyLicence Project, a revolutionary data sharing project between the DVLA and the UK insurance industry.
Sean has vast experience of the video games industry and was recently awarded the legal services provider of the year award at the TIGA Awards 2016 in recognition of the excellent work provided by his team in the field.
Sean also regularly delivers presentations in this field (eg. International Festival of Business 2016) and is regularly published in trade and national press (eg. Financial Times, IP Magazine and Daily Telegraph).
Sean is recommended in Legal 500.
The era of Big Data means insurers must balance the benefits with increasing responsibility. The burden of responsibility will undoubtedly increase…
On Thursday 14 September, we finally received the UK Government’s take on the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). It will have affect from 25…
Today, we finally have the UK Government’s take on the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and it will affect your business from May 2018.
Data is the key asset of most businesses. It should be adequately protected. The forthcoming GDPR means that data 'big bang' is imminent.
As technology evolves, the law needs to keep up. The latest ICO guidance on the use of CCTV was published in 2008 and technology has since changed…
Legal Directory Quote
Sean Crotty and Laurence Pritchard are considered 'excellent on commercial matters'. Legal 500 2017