Debt recovery solicitors
Every business is likely to face cash flow and debt challenges at some point. Our debt recovery lawyers can provide effective solutions using a proven combination of highly experienced people and an award-winning case management system.
We are recognised as debt recovery experts by independent legal directories Chambers and Legal 500. With our range of transparent fixed fee structures, we consistently deliver maximum returns for a wide range of clients.
Please note that we do not offer a debt recovery service for individuals wishing to recover private debts.
Experience you can trust
Over the past decade, we have collected over £215 million for our clients.
The quality of our people is the key to our success. Our dedicated, highly experienced team is supported by regular auditing, supervision, training and coaching, all underpinned by leading-edge technology. Every day, we manage and track progress so we can drive results and report effectively to our clients.
Lawyers who understand your challenges
We believe we have the right people and processes to deliver a high-quality service, tailored to your needs. First, we listen, and then we work hard to make the recovery process as simple and quick as possible.
Your case will typically be handled by a solicitor in our Disputes and Litigation team, supported as necessary by our trainees/paralegals. A solicitor acting for you may be described in correspondence as a 'Partner' or 'Consultant', an 'Associate' or a 'Solicitor'. An Associate is, generally, more experienced than a 'Solicitor'. Our trainees/paralegals are not (yet) solicitors, and usually have no other formal legal qualification.
We will always ensure that the solicitor acting for you has the requisite level of experience to handle your case competently. In any event, all work will be supervised by a Partner or a Consultant, being the most senior member of the team allocated to you.
As innovative, flexible, tenacious and commercially minded problem solvers, we can adapt our services to meet your particular requirements across all aspects of debt recovery, including:
- Working with credit control teams to reduce average debtor days
- Developing effective pre-litigation processes to encourage early payment, including letters before action
- Using the County Court Bulk Issue Centre
- Enforcing judgments
- Defending actions
- Serving statutory demands
- Issuing bankruptcy petition
- Issuing winding up petitions
- Insolvency creditor services
Adding value to your business
Not only can we help you recover debts more promptly and successfully, we can help you improve your internal systems, knowledge levels and procedures to reduce the risk of future debt problems, including:
- Free training for your credit control staff
- Advice on credit policies and terms
- Advice on contractual documentation
- Extensive management information and reporting facilities
- Seamless liaison with our team of insolvency lawyers
Timescale and key stages of the process
These are the key stages of the debt recovery process:
- Letter before claim - 7 days for response from debtor.
- Issue of money claim - 14 days for debtor to respond.
- Entry of judgment and issue of enforcement.
Issue of insolvency
- Letter before claim - 7 days for response from debtor; or
Statutory demand - 21 days for response after service on debtor.
- Issue of petition - 8 weeks to hearing.
From taking your initial instructions to final resolution of your matter will depend on whether it becomes necessary to issue a claim. The debtor may pay promptly upon receipt of judgment in default. If not, the need for enforcement action will increase the timescale.
We will keep you updated at all times of any factors which are likely to result in delay.
Once you know who will be in the team allocated to your transaction, you will be able to find out more information about the team by visiting the Disputes and Litigation section on our website. In the meantime, for more information on how our debt recovery services could help your business boost its cash flow, please view our debt recovery brochure and fixed fee costs tables and then contact:
- Mark Burch on 0151 242 9475 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emma Caunce on 0151 242 6665 or email email@example.com
- Benjamin Davies on 0151 242 6874 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Partner+44 (0)151 242 7940 Email Andrew