Technology and cyber
Cyber risks are numerous and constantly evolving. Where assets are concerned complex regulatory obligations are never too far away. An extensive array of first and third party exposures arise and all have the potential to be financially crippling.
We have advised corporate and insurer clients on asset protection and data security – the core of cyber risk – for many years. We are now working with several insurers on the development of their cyber programmes. We are also the only law firm to be invited to work with the Malvern Cyber Security Cluster, the founder and leading cluster of the UK Cyber Security forum. We believe that an effective cyber programme necessitates a holistic approach. Corporate strategy, policy, reputation, continuous education, governance, risk profiling and management are essential components of an authentic offering. The importance of good cyber hygiene is paramount. We can deliver cyber consultancy, react swiftly to data breaches and handle cyber claims seamlessly.
We can assist you and your customers by providing:
- Consultancy and training on cyber threats, risk profile, data protection, information security, policy coverage regulatory issues and more
- A dedicated 24/7 FNOL
- Rapid incident response with trusted delivery partners specialising in
- IT forensics, data restoration and reconstruction; business interruption analysis, PR and credit monitoring
- Advice on policy wordings and a regular review programme to ensure those wordings evolve in line with the global cyber threat profile
- The provisions of a variety of legal services including:
- Managing regulatory investigations
- Financial recoveries
- Private prosecutions
- Data and asset recovery
- Cyber education roadshows to you and your customers
- Updates on changes in UK and EU legislation and regulatory risk.
CyXcel: cyber resilience, planning and response
- Acting for insurers at Lloyd’s on data and information requirements for outsourcing to China
- Assisting a major insurer in the investigation of a data breach, liaising on their behalf with regulators and working with them to rectify the breach
- Advising international legislative and insurance industry bodies on a variety of data and information security issues
- Drafting a license agreement for a health company together with advice on the provision of data and information security as well as UK regulation.
Every organisation will experience a cyber incident, often more than once. The key is not to panic… get fit to tackle cyber threats head-on. CyXcel – pioneering new thinking on Cyber to help you face the future with confidence. Protect your organisation.
Talk to usInsightsLloyd v Google: Damages in Data Breach cases take a new twist
The Court of Appeal put the cat amongst the pigeons this week with a decision that is sure to have set claimant lawyers buzzing with excitement.
InsightsGeneral Counsel & Senior in-house lawyers roundtable: Technology & Innovation
Following our third General Counsel roundtable discussion, we outline the key themes that emerged.
InsightsGetting rid of unwanted guests can be harder than you think
The Electronic Communications Code has made it much harder for landowners to remove telecoms operatorsPeter Hall Principal Associate
NewsWeightmans leads the way with BIBA and ITN Productions
National law firm Weightmans LLP has worked with the British Insurance Brokers’ Association and ITN Productions Industry News to launch “Leading the…
InsightsGeneral counsel & senior in-house lawyers roundtable: driving value in legal procurement
Following our second General Counsel roundtable discussion, we outline the key themes that emerged from a very insightful conversation
View Ed’s profile
View Robert’s profile
View Sean’s profile
View Simon’s profile
View Robert’s profile
View Alex’s profile
View Suzanne’s profile
View Emerson’s profile
View Rob’s profile
View Catriona’s profile
View Brian’s profile
View Will’s profile
View Jon’s profile