- We are advising a large manufacturer on a ground-breaking “virtual” renewable power purchase agreement with a large utility. Under this long-term contract, the parties agree to settle 100% of the generation of a 130MW portfolio of renewable generation assets against an agreed “strike price” within the contract. Payments will be settled between the parties depending on the value of N2EX day ahead price for electricity as compared to the strike price. We are advising our client in the negotiation of the agreement and all ancillary matters, including regulatory issues and reporting obligations under EMIR / MIFID II.
- Advising the Liverpool Combined Authority on the delivery of the proposed Mersey Tidal Power Project.
- Advising various funders and developers on the development and acquisition of over 40 solar PV projects in the United Kingdom including large scale ground-mounted, commercial rooftop and residential rooftop projects.
- Advising a local authority on the implementation and delivery of the low-carbon district energy network for its new mixed-use development. Low carbon heat will be supplied to properties from heat-pumps operating on a closed loop network and electricity will be supplied to non-domestic customers and an EV charging network under a PPA. Battery storage will also be used to optimise usage. We are advising the Council on the implementation of the proposed project, in particular providing advice on the optimum legal and commercial structure for the energy infrastructure arrangements.
- Advising Liverpool City Council on the ESCO arrangements for the supply of heat and electricity to its multi-phase mixed use development at Paddington Village
- Advising a network operator in connection with the creation of the legal framework and documents for a multimillion pound development of a battery storage and gas generation site involving more than 600 potential development sites
- Advising New Resource Partners in the negotiation and completion of a six party consortium agreement for the development of a decentralised smart energy network in the north-west. The project utilises new, innovative technology and is being part funded by Innovate UK
- We are advising a leading renewable energy asset manager in connection with a framework power purchase agreement with a large utility company, whereby our client will have the opportunity to fund, design and install a number of solar PV installations across the utility companies estate and sell the power generated by those solar PV installations to the utility under long term individual power purchase agreements (PPAs).
- Advising a global corporation on the energy and infrastructure arrangements for a large UK based manufacturing facility after the owners of the nearby private wire power plant that generated/supplied our client’s operation with 100% of its power across a private wire network were put into compulsory liquidation. The matter involved engagement with a number of Government departments and bodies.
The Co-location of energy assets
Co-location can take a range of forms, with this FREE report focusing on multiple renewable generation or storage assets sharing a grid connection.Download