We're determined to achieve the best results for our clients. We don't make any assumptions about what that means. We measure and monitor results and gather feedback to ensure that our clients come back time and again…
The feedback given to us by our clients is vital: it lets us understand exactly how effective we are at meeting their expectations. We monitor satisfaction and gather feedback in three ways:
- through a bi-annual client satisfaction survey to measure overall views on our performance and levels of satisfaction
- through a rolling post matter feedback programme to enable us to shape a stand-out client experience
- annual key client visits to gain more specific in-depth feedback.
We use an independent research agency, Acritas, for our surveys, to conduct a mixture of qualitative and quantitative face to face, telephone and web interviews.
Clients are asked about their levels of satisfaction, loyalty and recommendation, which are assessed against previous results to see any movement over time. Their perception of Weightmans is gauged and specific questions are asked around changes in the legal services market, use of MI, technology and cost of services. The survey also benchmarks our performance with other law firms across England and Wales as part of the Sharplegal Brand Index.
Summary of most recent key findings
- Overall client satisfaction rating of 8.3 against a legal industry average of 8.0
- Relationships are strong and improving, rising on the index from 8.2 in 2010 to 8.7 in 2014 and 8.9 in 2018
- Recommendation levels are very strong with 59% of clients being highly likely to recommend (scoring 9 or 10 out of 10 against an industry benchmark Net Promoter Score of 29%).
In the 2018 bi-annual client satisfaction survey clients said our key strengths are:
- Overall quality of advice, expertise and knowledge
- Friendliness, approachability and being easy to work with
- Client focus and making clients feel valued
- Knowledge of clients’ businesses and needs.