Enable Helping you fund litigation and resolve your disputes
Who is litigation funding suitable for?
“A good claim is a business asset waiting to be realised. Enable unlocks this opportunity”.
Litigation funding is suitable for individuals, sole traders, partnerships, OMBs, SMEs, and corporates, provided certain criteria are met.
If you have a dispute and want to bring a claim, Enable can provide you with the funding required to advance the claim.
Enable can be used to fund a wide variety of claims, including but not limited to:
- Commercial contract disputes
- Shareholder and board disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Professional negligence
- Property litigation
- Contentious trusts and probate
- Civil fraud claims
- Regulatory disputes
- Restraint of trade disputes
- Warranty claims
- Banking litigation
- Insolvency litigation and corporate recovery
- Commercial agency disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
Why use our litigation financing service?
“A bespoke funding facility for commercial claims”
The funder will fund all or some your legal costs to advance the claim. The funder takes a return from any damages or settlement sum recovered from the opponent(s). The funding is non-recourse therefore, if the claim is unsuccessful, you will not be liable to repay the funder’s investment.
In the case of companies, obtaining the funding from a third party also removes the costs of the litigation process from your balance sheet.
Covering the risks of losing your claim
After the Event Insurance
Enable provides the funding required to fight the claim but also provides certainty and peace of mind to protect you against adverse cost orders, by way of an insurance policy, called After the Event Insurance (‘ATE’). If you were to lose the case, the court could order that you pay the other side’s costs, but having the ATE policy in place will cover those costs in that situation.
If the claim is unsuccessful, no premium is payable to the ATE insurer and you will not be liable to repay the litigation loan.
How does Enable work?
- Allows cases to be unlocked
- ATE insurance and funding are provided on a non-recourse basis
- Assuming the claim meets our criteria we will share the risk so that everyone invests in the case
- Pre-agreed ATE Insurance Policy Wording and Litigation Funding Agreement
- Streamlined process for funding and ATE insurance, completed within 18-21 days
- Fixed pricing
- Increases certainty of securing ATE insurance and funding, avoiding the need of having to apply to the broader market
- Arranged and reviewed by a specialist broker to confirm pricing offered is most competitive