Andrew Roberts oversees the account and is very supportive. He is highly professional and manages the relationship with the organisation in an excellent manner. Demonstrates excellent knowledge and genuinely cares.Legal 500 2021
Andrew Roberts' 'client relationship management is superb'.COO of client in the Education Sector
Andrew is a Partner in the Commercial Dispute Resolution team at Weightmans and has over 30 years' experience in handling and resolving commercial disputes and litigation, all of which has been gained at leading national and global law firms in the UK.
In recent years, Andrew has led work on a number of significant and complex cases proceeding in the Commercial Court, Mercantile Court and Court of Appeal.
Andrew is also National Sector Lead for Manufacturing at Weightmans and a member of the firm's Education Sector group acting as lead Partner for Further Education.
Andrew's specialist areas of practice within commercial litigation include:
- advising in relation to contract disputes (including contract interpretation, enforcement and termination)
- warranty claims arising from the sale and purchase of companies
- shareholder disputes (including claims of unfair prejudice)
- intellectual property matters (including breach of copyright, trademark infringement and passing off)
- IT disputes
- franchising disputes (including those involving international franchisors)
- joint venture disputes
- the enforcement of restrictive covenants and the protection of confidential information
- advising on claims for compensation by commercial agents
- procurement disputes
- judicial review.
He is experienced in managing electronic disclosure in litigation proceedings and in advising clients on appropriate and cost-effective strategies for dealing with electronic disclosure.
Andrew has helped numerous clients to settle their disputes either before or during litigation by way of Alternative Dispute Resolution and in particular by way of mediation.
He is also able to advise on available options for litigation funding.
Andrew acts for a broad range of clients including large corporates, owner-managed businesses and private individuals as well as universities, further education colleges, local authorities and charities.
Prior to joining Weightmans in December 2013, Andrew spent over 20 years at DLA Piper in Liverpool where he had been a Partner since 2007. He is a member of the Society for Computers and Law.