"I am highly impressed with her thoroughness. It is apparent that she diligently examines every aspect of the case to develop a strategy."Chambers and Partners 2020
As a key mandate in the construction sector, the ‘focused, committed, diligent and hugely personable’ Anne-Marie Knight successfully defended a client against a claim brought by a design and build contractor arising from the alleged defective design of foundations to several warehouses.Legal 500 2019
Anne-Marie has extensive experience in a wide range of claims, encompassing cases arising from construction professionals, accountants, solicitors and insurers. Sources note: She is very thorough in her analysis. She looks into the details and is able to pull together a strategy.Chambers and Partners 2019
Anne-Marie has over 25 years' experience in resolving professional indemnity and construction claims. She has conducted a wide range of claims through litigation, arbitration and adjudication.
Anne-Marie specialises in defending claims brought against professionals for a wide range of insurers, in particular claims against solicitors, surveyors, valuers, architects and engineers.
She is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and an accredited Mediator and has successfully conducted many mediations. Anne-Marie’s clients have praised her for her “hard work and considerable skill” and her “high quality of service”.
Anne-Marie is recognised for her expertise in professional negligence.
- Acting in a number of overvaluation claims against surveyors based in the North East and Yorkshire in respect of a variety of residential properties, together with claims against surveyors arising out of allegedly defective Home Buyers' Reports
- Advising in a wide range of claims against solicitors, including claims arising out of conveyancing transactions, failed civil litigation, corporate advice, failed clinical negligence claims, failed personal injury claims, probate and tax advice and the administration of estates
- Advising in a claim by numerous Claimants against a Building Contractor for third party property damage
- Defence of a multi-party, multi-million pound piling dispute for a large building contractor
- Acting for engineers in respect of the design and supervision of a new street works scheme in Wales
- Acting in claims against Architects arising from the redevelopment of nursing homes
- Acting in claims arising from the design and supervision of a façade retention scheme, the roof design of a business park in Yorkshire and defects in the flooring of a new school building
- Advising in relation to a large portfolio of claims against solicitors in respect of a housing development
- Securing the withdrawal of a £300,000 claim pre-action against a firm of accountants where the Claimant's solicitors had drafted the Particulars of Claim and were pressing to issue proceedings.