Colette is our Head of Construction and is ranked as a ‘leading individual’ in the Legal 500 directory. She has worked in private practice for over 20 years, including 10 years at Pinsent Masons. She has significant experience in dispute resolution and strategic advice in relation to construction and engineering projects. Colette is known for providing clear and direct advice which enables clients to achieve their objectives commercially and cost effectively.
She has represented contractors, sub contractors, professional consultants, employers and developers through adjudication, litigation, mediation and arbitration (both domestically and internationally). Colette has a wide perspective in the sector and has advised on the standard form suite of contracts (e.g. FIDIC, JCT, NEC), bespoke contracts and complex PFI/PPP contracts, including associated step down agreements.
Colette's relevant experience includes:
- Acting for an international contractor in a series of multi-million US Dollar disputes in ICC arbitration in relation to extension of time and money claims under EPC contracts for a project in the Middle East.
- Acting for a leading European contractor in a multi-million Euro dispute in ICC arbitration in relation to defects and delays on luxury hotel project in Azerbaijan.
- Acting for a global engineering consultant in relation to a multi party/action/million pound UK dispute in the Technology Construction court in relation to ground movement suffered at a national UK distribution centre.
- Acting for a police authority in a dispute with a leading contractor in connection with performance failures under an NEC Term Service Contract for repairs and maintenance works.
- Acting for an international facilities management contractor in connection with a multi-million pound dispute with the MOD. concerning variations under a NEC Term Service Contract for the provision of (among other) management, administration and site maintenance on a number of air weapons range training sites.
- Providing strategic advice and acting in adjudications on PFI disputes across various sectors (health, education and social housing) including disputes on unavailability deductions.
- Acting for an employer against a contractor on a marine project in relation to defective construction works which caused a significant sinkhole and resulted in extensive remedial works.
- Acting for M&E Engineers in adjudication against a design and build contractor in relation to contra charges wrongfully levied.
- Acting for a Design and Build contractor in adjudication against an Architect in relation to defective design works.