Daniel BakerPrincipal Associate
Daniel is a Principal Associate in the real estate team acting on behalf of investors and developers, local authorities, high street retailers and financial institutions.
Daniel advises on a broad range of real estate matters with a particular focus on both freehold and leasehold acquisitions, often involving large property portfolios subject to complex conditions, and dealing with all aspects of landlord and tenant work.
Daniel also deals with commercial real estate investment and finance matters and provides property support on corporate transactions.
Daniel focuses on points of commercial significance in order to reach the desired conclusion as quickly as possible whilst providing the client pragmatic advice.
Daniel’s experience includes:
- Dealing with the sale of a multi-let office building in London with a sale price of £57 million;
- Assisting in the acquisition and immediate leaseback of a portfolio of nine properties with a purchase price of £87million;
- Acting on behalf of a high street retailer in respect of a lease surrender and the grant of a new lease of a nearby unit subject to various conditions including vacant possession, asbestos works and landlord’s works;
- Acting on behalf of a national telecommunications provider regarding a new lease of office premises in London with an annual rent of £835,000 subject to major landlord and tenant works;
- Preparing multiple certificates of title on behalf of a national lender in respect of a £930 million facility; and
- Assisting the corporate team in the acquisition of two hotel businesses with a combined value of £14 million.