He has an excellent commercial approach, and is friendly and business-orientated.Chambers & Partners 2021
"He is a strong lawyer and he provides a very good service,"Chambers and Partners 2020
The "personable, efficient and professional" Duncan Reid is "very proactive in providing solutions."Chambers and Partners 2018
The ‘very efficient and professional’ Duncan Reid ... is noted for his ‘refreshingly commercial viewpoint’.Legal 500 2019
Duncan is well-known amongst the North East business community for providing strong, pragmatic legal advice on a whole range of corporate transactions, including acquisitions and disposals, as well as private equity and venture capital transactions. He ensures that businesses receive practical and relevant legal advice. In addition to his experience of working in national law firms, Duncan also spent two years working in-house at a leading private equity firm.
Specialising in the technology, financial services, waste, and leisure sectors, Duncan’s impressive client list includes BGF, Camerons Brewery Limited, Zerolight Limited, J & B Recycling, QuantuMDx, Total Recycling Services and SaleCycle Limited.
As one of the North-East’s 'go to' lawyers, Duncan’s track record in providing solutions-driven, bespoke advice combined with his ability to engage with clients in a business context, ensures that his clients feel supported at every stage, from instruction through to completion. The loyal client base Duncan has built is testimony to both his professional, approachable demeanour and his ability to provide outstanding advice to business owners who truly value the personal service they receive.
In 2020, Duncan was awarded the ‘Acritas Star – independently rated lawyer’, an accolade given to those identified as a client-nominated, stand-out lawyer in private practice.
Duncan was part of the team that was recognised at the North East Business Insider Dealmakers Awards 2020 for their support to Zerolight in the ‘Private Equity Deal of the Year’.
- Advising the shareholders of The Car People Limited on the sale to Sytner Group
- Advising the shareholders and management team on the Palatine Private Equity backed MBO of Lucion Service
- Advising Camerons Brewery on its acquisitions of The Leeds Brewery and The Head of Steam
- Advising Datum360 on an investment from BGF, which helped provide an exit for the company’s venture capital investor
- Advising BGF on its investments in Arc Trinova, Broadband Satellite Services and J & B Recycling and on its subsequent exit from Arc Trinova to Permira-backed Quotient