James is an Associate in the healthcare team where he acts on behalf of medical defence organisations, doctors, dentists and other healthcare professionals. He advises clinicians on disciplinary, criminal and regulatory matters.
James frequently acts on high profile matters involving complex clinical and legal issues and is an experienced advocate.
He is experienced in:
- Advising in respect of disciplinary, regulatory and criminal investigations
- Advising in interviews under caution
- Coroners’ inquests
- Advising on CQC prosecutions
- Interim orders and fitness to practise hearings
- Proceedings brought before the General Medical Council, the General Dental Council and other regulatory bodies
- Statutory appeals
James has previous experience in high profile criminal defence work, as well as acting as an inquest advocate for NHS trusts, medical defence organisations and private health companies.
James studied at the University of Leeds and the University of Law and has an LLM in Criminal Law and Criminal Justice.