Keith Jones is an partner based in Weightmans' Liverpool office.
Keith specialises in occupational disease claims, principally work related upper limb disease such as HAVS and CTS and NIHL claims. He also deals with and has a wide range of experience in relation to respiratory diseases, repetitive strain injuries and asbestos related conditions.
Keith joined Weightmans in 2001 and has been part of the disease Unit from its inception in 2005.
- In particular Keith has acted for local authorities across England and Wales in relation to NIHL and HAVS cases and manages a team of specialist disease lawyers acting for local authorities and other public sector employers and utility companies.
- Keith has significant experience and expertise in dealing with claims for local authorities, colleges and other public authorities.
- Expertise on issues of corporate and successor liability arising from transfer of liability under TUPE and on local government reorganisation.
- Occupational asthma and other respiratory diseases arsing from exposure to various agents.
- Keith's particular expertise is Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome including tranches of cases involving ground maintenance staff and low level intermittent exposure in light industry successfully defended on the grounds that level of knowledge and exposure was insufficient to give rise to foreseeable risk.
- Keith works with local authorities and utility companies reviewing their HAVS, health and safety and occupational health referral policies.