Kerry is a highly experienced associate specialising in employment law. Named as a recommended lawyer in this years’ Legal 500 for her “expertise in executive exits and tribunal cases”, Kerry undertakes contentious and non-contentious work, successfully defending complex Tribunal cases and supporting the firm’s corporate partners with matters involving TUPE transfers in the public and private sector.
Kerry also advises on commercial and contractual disputes in the areas of employee confidential information, the enforcement of post termination restrictive covenants and directors’ duties and on matters relating to the Equality Act.
As an accomplished and highly regarded public speaker, Kerry regularly presents on a wide range of employment related topics. Kerry has recently delivered seminars to:
- The Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- University of Sunderland
- Academies Enterprise Trust
- Advising on complex disputes involving allegations of whistleblowing, discrimination and TUPE
- Advising respondent clients through tribunal process, including successfully defending an unfair dismissal claim in which costs were awarded against the claimant
- Advising on a complex transfer of part of a business, involving approximately 1300 employees
- A High Court claim for a PLC client arising from circa 75 staff moving to a competitor and related confidentiality and other business protection concerns
- Providing advice regarding an invitation to tender for a local authority contract, involving TUPE, LGPS pensions, redundancy planning and the impact on the pricing of any bid
- Defending a County Court claim for a University in which a student alleged a failure to implement reasonable adjustments relating to a disability in breach of the Equality Act
- Advising on the acquisition of a campus from one higher education provider to another and on the TUPE consequences of the taking “in house” of the cleaning contract at that same campus.