Maqadas (known as Ali) qualified as a solicitor in 2017 and specialises in commercial real estate law.
Ali deals with whole range of commercial real estate law including:
- Buying and selling of registered and unregistered commercial properties including offices, retail stores, factories, warehouses, restaurants, takeaways, cafés and pubs;
- Site acquisitions for residential or commercial development;
- Land development projects including drafting and negotiating conditional contracts, overage agreements, promotion and option agreements;
- Acting for landlords and tenants on the grant of leases and sub-leases, lease renewals, surrender of existing leases, lease variations, licences to underlet, licences to assign and licences for alterations;
- Property finance – mortgages, refinance and transfers of equity;
- SME business sales and purchases.
Ali has previous experience in corporate support and in particular with acquisition and disposal of business assets and/or companies.
Outside of work, Ali enjoys spending time with his young family and playing football and cricket.