Marc is a qualified practitioner in corporate and commercial law with 15 years’ experience.
Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, Marc worked in-house for listed company, QBE Insurance. This in-house experience has been invaluable in providing Marc with a business focused perspective on commercial matters, ensuring the delivery of sound commercial advice to clients, not just the legal position.
Marc specialises in franchise work and is one of the only British Franchise Association (BFA) affiliated lawyers in the north east. Working for franchisees and franchisors nationally and internationally, combing his experience of corporate and franchise law when acting for clients buying networks, terminating or setting up. Marc is currently retained and has acted on a number of high value, complex deals.
In addition, Marc is also an affiliate member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply.
Marc’s practice sees an active involvement in IT, healthcare, sports/fitness, property, renewable energy and professional services sectors. Work highlights include:
- Dealing with a variety of corporate transactions ranging from £100,000 to a £60m joint venture;
- Advising on a nursing home start up and development company with a GDV of £10m;
- Advising on the purchase of a US based national franchise network in the UK dealing with cross border issues and US lawyers;
- Advised a client on a £5m IT/comms supply contract;
- Advised on a £5m to £10m product supply agreement;
- Advising on various contractual matters for a national healthcare company;
- Advising on contracts for a national franchisor;
- Dealt with preliminary considerations for a joint venture between UK company and a Dutch company in grocery sector;
- Advised a UK agent regarding a Canadian/English agency agreement;
- Advised a UK manufacturer regarding the purchase of assets from a Swiss company, with a UK subsidiary.
- In addition to the solid client base in Yorkshire and the North East, Marc regularly deals with national and international work, including Europe and the USA.