Mike Scherp has an excellent perspective on matters as a result of his work on both the defence and claimant side, and is also able to provide advocacy for healthcare professionals in complex inquests, ranging from deaths resulting from errors in general practice to deaths in custody, many of which involve issues arising from the Human Rights Act.Legal 500 2021
- Inquests, providing advice and advocacy before coroners in complex multi-party hearings.
- Regulatory investigations by the GMC, GDC, HCPC, NHS England and Healthcare Inspectorate Wales arising from a very wide range of issues such as convictions, capability problems, misconduct, health problems and concerns around the management of providers.
- Counter fraud investigations and prosecutions arising from allegedly false dental claims and undertaking locum shifts during contracted hours.
- Criminal allegations in a healthcare setting, including alleged gross negligence manslaughter, corporate homicide, false prescribing, police investigations and prosecutions and CQC prosecutions.
- Disciplinary investigations under UPSW in Wales and MHPS in England in cases relating to performance concerns, misconduct and allegations of a loss of trust and confidence, or the breakdown of working relationships between colleagues.
- Mike also has extensive experience in the field of clinical negligence helping a wide range of clients with problematic claims; he is listed in the Legal 500 as a leading individual for defendant clinical negligence in Wales. He represents doctors and dentists with claims, including contribution claims and claims relating to the non-delegable duty of care owed by practice owners to patients treated by associate dentists.