Oliver Haddock is a litigator to watch out for in the future. He is well organised and efficient and can keep a case moving at speed on track.Legal 500 2022
Oliver is an Associate in our commercial litigation team.
Oliver specialises in commercial and regulatory disputes, white-collar and corporate crime matters. He has experience in both domestic and international disputes.
Oliver acts for corporate entities in relation to commercial disputes, including contractual and Companies Act matters, civil fraud claims, injunctive and insolvency proceedings. Notable experience includes:
- Successfully opposing an anti-suit injunction on behalf of a Saudi Arabian corporation
- Defending the former directors of a football club in a dispute involving allegations of breaches of directors' duties and various insolvency provisions
- Advising distribution network operators in the energy sector in relation to European regulations
- Negotiating and drafting high-value settlement agreements
- Bringing and defending breach of contract and debt recovery claims
- Advising on a number of director disputes
- Successfully opposing a worldwide freezing order
Oliver also regularly acts for corporate entities and individuals in respect of regulatory investigations and white-collar crime matters including criminal fraud, bribery and money laundering. Notable experience includes:
- Advising an international spirits distributor on their obligations under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Advising a number of care home providers in respect of guidance issued by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA)
- Representing high profile individuals in respect of a police investigation into allegations of fraud, misappropriation of public monies, bribery and misconduct in a public office
- Defending a number of individuals in respect of recovery proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act
- Negotiating with HMRC in relation to historic tax evasion and successfully defending proceedings brought by the revenue
- Advising corporate entities on Modern Slavery Act requirements
Oliver is the Founder and Chair of the London Young Professionals Network and Vice-Chair of the London Young Lawyers Group.