Formerly of RadcliffesLeBrasseur, Philip is a Partner in our real estate team and qualified in 1982. He specialises in both commercial and residential property and advises his clients on the purchase and sale, redevelopment and refurbishment and refinancing of properties.
He advises on a full range of property matters and acts for a range of clients from investors, developers, banks, other finance providers and high net worth individuals.
He has also advised lenders on property secured lending and financing.
Philip has expertise in:
- Auction sales and purchases
- The grant and surrender of commercial leases
- Landlord and tenant issues, including rent reviews, enforcement of lease covenants and dilapidations
- Stamp duty and other taxes affecting both residential and commercial properties
- Refinancing work for both borrowers and lenders
- Portfolio sales and purchases
Some of Philip’s recent work includes:
- Acting in the sale of a country estate including a number of cottages with a transaction value in excess of £15 million
- Acting on the purchase (including the financing) of a mixed office and retail block in West London with a transaction value in excess of £12 million
- Assisting a client whose mixed office and retail block in West London is subject to partial compulsory purchase by Crossrail
- Assisting a client whose Grade 1 listed building is threatened by basement and other development by his near neighbours in opposing their planning applications
- Acting in the sale and purchase of residential properties both in and outside London with a range of transaction values from £5 – £20 million for high net worth individuals
- Acting for a client in the relocation of their warehouse as a result of their original warehouse becoming part of the Westfield Shopping Centre in Shepherds Bush, and the landlord opposing renewal of their leases