Richard Corran is a fantastic, cool-headed dispute resolution lawyer who uses all of the knowledge and experience he has built up in his career to get the best possible outcome in any given situation.Legal 500 2022
Richard Corran is "very able".Legal 500 2019
Richard’s expertise is in dealing with substantial, complex litigation matters, predominantly in the Chancery Division in the High Court. He has a deserved reputation for excellence in handling shareholder disputes, public contract procurement challenges and complex contractual issues to include franchise disputes. Richard has particular expertise in seeking injunctive relief to protect clients’ interests on a pre-emptive basis.
Richard has practical hands-on experience in all manner of partnership matters. A commercial litigator by trade, Richard brings a commercial approach to a range of disputes, from partner exits to dealing with underperformance, restrictive covenants and mergers.
On larger, high-value cases, Richard would frequently lead a team of lawyers ensuring high service levels at a competitive cost base.
- Harlow v Aspect Contracts Ltd 2020 WL 02621416  EWHC 1488 (TCC)
- 116 Cardamon Ltd v (1) Alan Ramsay MacAlister (2) Birgitt Alice MacAlister (2019)  EWHC 1200 (Comm) QBD (Comm) (Cockerill J) 14/05/2019
- Joseph Gleave & Son Limited v Secretary of State for Defence  EWHC 238 (TCC).
- Transport for Greater Manchester v Thales Transport & Security Ltd  All ER (D) 41 (Jan) and  EWHC 3717 (TCC)
- Celtec v Astley  UKHL 29 and C-478/03 (ECJ)
- Bradford & Bingley v Ross  EWCA Civ 394 (Banking and finance; mortgage claims; sale to associated company at undervalue)
- Bruce Cook v Vehicle Inspectorate  House of Lords on appeal from the Divisional Court
Recent Directory quotes
- 2022 Legal 500 "Richard Corran is a fantastic, cool-headed dispute resolution lawyer who uses all of the knowledge and experience he has built up in his career to get the best possible outcome in any given situation".
- 2021 Legal 500 "Richard Corran, who counts corporate litigation and restrictive covenant actions among his areas of specialism"
- 2020 Legal 500 - "Other key partners include....Manchester Office Head Richard Corran"
- 2019 Legal 500 Regional Office Head Richard Corran is “very able"
- 2018 Legal 500 the "pragmatic" Richard Corran “takes a tough line against opponents"
- 2017 Legal 500 "Other key figures include Richard Corran"
- 2016 Legal 500 "Richard Corran is recommended".
Additionally, Richard teaches Civil Litigation and Drafting on the Bar Training Course at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Part of the winning team of Manchester Legal Awards 2022 for Litigation Team of the Year.