Richard VaughanPrincipal Associate
Richard is a principal associate in construction. He joined Weightmans from Squire Patton Boggs, where he worked for 6 years, and prior to that he spent 8 years at DLA Piper.
Richard is extremely experienced in contentious and non-contentious construction law, and regularly advises universities, local authorities, emergency services and government in relation to their major projects.
Examples of recent relevant experience include:
- Acting for Birmingham City Council in relation to their joint venture, with Hermes and Argent in relation to the development of the £500m scheme to create Grade A office accommodation, retail and public realm.
- Acting for the Police and Crime Commissioner in Merseyside in relation to the development if Merseyside Police Fleet Headquarters in Liverpool.
- Acting for Walsall City Council in relation to their agreement with Highways England in respect of the design and engineering of the bridge and associated works at Junction 10 of the M6.
- Acting for Birmingham City Council in respect of the £300m redevelopment of New Street Station.
- Advising Queen Mary University of London in relation to their creation of a new medical school in Malta
- Advising in respect of the works associated with the electrification of the Midlands Mainline railway network between London and Corby, worth an estimate £260m.