Ross HutchisonPrincipal Associate
He provides day to day advice on the inter-relation between the two areas as well as supports applications to the Home Office related to sponsorship and his clients’ compliance with their ongoing duties.
Ross works with a wide range of clients from the FTSE100 multinational to the single site UK business. He provides advice to Universities, goods and persons transport providers, NHS Trusts, engineering firms and retailers (as well as many more).
He has supported many of his clients in relation to the immigration changes post-Brexit and worked with them to establish practical solutions where existing practices were no longer possible.
He is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA) and the Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA).
Recent work highlights
- Successful granting of a Skilled Worker/ICT sponsor licence upon implementation of the new regime for a rapidly expanding beauty product retailer
- Advised on the use of visitor visas for permitted business activities to enable contract compliance in time-pressured industry
- Provided training to a UK University with overseas campuses on the new immigration system
- Advised another UK University in relation to the availability of the UK’s Foundation Training Programme for junior doctors when graduating from their overseas medical campus
- Provided advice on engaging both employees and workers in foreign jurisdictions.