Ross HutchisonPrincipal Associate
Ross is a Principal Associate in the Employment, Pensions and Immigration team having qualified in 2009. Ross works extensively with private, charitable and public sector clients providing advice on both employment law and immigration law.
In relation to employment he:
- Runs a significant Respondent focused Employment Tribunal case load dealing with all types of claims from multiweek discrimination and whistleblowing matters to wages claims.
- Conducts his own advocacy throughout the country.
- Provides day to day advice to clients on how best to deal with the issues relating to their human resource including (but not limited to) on disciplinary matters, capability issues, grievances raised, proposed restructures and TUPE.
- Assists his clients with Data Protection/GDPR issues ranging from alleged data breaches to the compilation of privacy notices.
- Always provides advice in consideration of his clients objectives and duties including in relation to issues relating to safeguarding and finance.
- Advises on industrial action and liaison with Trade Unions.
- Provides training sessions for clients on all aspects of employment law (tailored to their needs).
- Is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
In relation to immigration he:
- Advises and assists clients in gaining Skilled Worker licences.
- Supports clients with compliance with their licence holder obligations.
- Provides training to clients on their immigration law obligations (right to work inclusive).
- Assists clients in the process of engaging workers based overseas (both initially and permanently).
- Advises on the ability of businesses to utilise visitor visa ‘permitted business activities’ to their best advantage.
- Is a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association.