Shevy NarendraPrincipal Associate
Shevy specialises in all aspects of contentious insolvency (personal and corporate) acting for both defendants and claimants in the UK and abroad. She has a strong track record in defending director disqualification claims by the Insolvency Service on behalf of the Secretary of State.
Shevy takes pride in her work and is often complimented on her methodical and efficient approach. She endeavours to go above and beyond to achieve the best possible commercial outcome for each and every client. Her calm and personable nature enables her to guide clients through what are often difficult and stressful situations.
Shevy regularly advises and acts for:
- SMEs, directors and former directors on matters arising out of director disqualification claims by the Insolvency Service on behalf of the Secretary of State, defending liquidator claims and enquiries by HMRC relating to Fraud, Personal Liability Notices (for NIC and Income Tax (PAYE)), including appeals in the First-tier Tax Tribunal; and
- insolvency office holders, creditors and other stakeholders on disputes arising out of corporate insolvency
Shevy has been involved in the following cases:
- successfully defending multiple directors facing court proceedings under the Company Director disqualification Act 1986 and/or discontinuing any proceedings against them by the Insolvency Service on behalf of the Secretary of State
- obtaining judgement for several million pounds on behalf of an insolvency practitioner/liquidator of a company on unlawful directors’ loans/breach of directors’ duties/transactions at an undervalue action against several directors
- successfully defending multiple winding up petitions, including a petition debt by HMRC for £3.5m and issuing applications for validation orders on an urgent basis
- successfully obtaining a £2m judgment against a former accountant in relation to an international fraud case by directors of a property company, including successfully issuing an ex-parte injunction for a worldwide freezing order
- acting for the high profile shareholders group action against the Royal Bank of Scotland relating to the £12 billion rights issue in 2008, from pre-action to issue of proceedings