Suzanne NultyPrincipal Associate
In March 2020, Suzanne returned to Weightmans, where she trained, after 17 years elsewhere practising employment law, predominantly for the Health sector. She continues to provide advice and representation in litigious and non-contentious matters throughout the employment law field. This often includes detailed advice on the full range of potential discrimination and whistleblowing claims, as well as TUPE. Suzanne’s reputation is for a detailed and forensic, yet practical approach, delivered in a straightforward and supportive way.
As well as her specialist experience in advising on complex and contentious internal processes, including for doctors’ and senior executives’ contractual and disciplinary cases, Suzanne is well versed in the governance aspects of senior-level public sector employment issues. She also advises on TUPE issues arising in public sector reorganisations. Suzanne delivers bespoke training for clients on subjects such as whistleblowing, redundancy and TUPE consultation, disciplinary and grievance investigations and capability/performance and absence management.
- Successful strike out applications at preliminary hearing stage of two constructive unfair dismissal claims (upheld by Court of Appeal)
- Advice to foundation trust governors in an unprecedented investigation into anonymous whistleblowing allegations against senior non executives
- Advice to board of governors about process for removal of senior non executives
- Advice to medical and HR directors on various Maintaining High Professional Standards (MHPS) processes for doctors' disciplinary and capability processes
- Review and advice on updating executive contracts
- Advice on negotiating agreed termination of senior executive and drafting/negotiating consequent settlement agreements.